Monday, March 2, 2009

Watercolors and Drawings

Here are some drawings and watercolors I did last semester. I had them lying around so I figured I should document a bit. For this first one, we had to cut a bunch of pictures out of magazines, make a collage, and then copy it exactly using watercolor:

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

This watercolor was supposed to be either a dreamscape or a nightmarescape...

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Detail, woo!

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

This one's actually huge, although it's hard to tell here:

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

And this one's just a generic scary scientist with disturbing specimens, I suppose...

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

I'm currently working on my first multi-block woodcut print, based on the song "These Are Our Children" by I Monster. I'm done carving the first block (out of four) and should be done with block two today and have layer one printed tomorrow. Should be delightfully creepy!

2 comments:

  1. Your work never stops to amaze me and I adore the scientist one! It's so clever although like you said "generic" that's what I like about it. I really enjoy your style especially the way you do your wings, it shows you put forth the detail and time to create a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I don't do very many flat pieces like drawings and watercolors, so it's good to know they're all right too :)
    Oh a side note, loved your Joker piece on your art blog...an Oscar well won!

    ReplyDelete