Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wooden Spiky Plant Sculpture

Hello guys! So this a spiky plantlike sculpture I made out of wood and painted with plain old acrylic. This was nice because it was the first time I had worked with wood, and the paint could cover up any mistakes, woo! First I'll show you the finished sculpture, then some from the planning stage:

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

And here's the planning stage, where I basically made a cardboard version and hot glued it together...I thought it might be cool to show how I plan this kind of thing.

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

2 comments:

  1. Looks like something from Mario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually where I started! I kind of warped the spiky pipe plants into my own thing. I wanted to keep the pixellated look, though...Mario is awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete