Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cardboard Paintings

Cardboard paintings! The thing I love about cardboard is it's free, it's everywhere, it's semi sturdy, and it's super fun to paint on. Here are some of my cardboard creations:

This one's a collage; I live in Athens, GA, and there are always lots of band posters lying around. It's kind of like a scavenger hunt to go around and find cool band posters (ones the show has already passed for, of course...) and then make a collage with those images as well as paint and whatever else you have lying around.




Here are a couple that were on my dorm room door last year. After a long, spiritually enlightening Bowie binge, I did the "David Bowie in heaven" one, and it was decided that if I was going to have a heavenly Bowie, I needed a devilish Sid Vicious to be his counterpart:




Maybe at some point I'll upload some more...but everybody should get out there, find some cardboard, and get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment