Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Figure Drawings and Tape Cover

Hello again! Before I start this post I wanted to say thanks to everyone who's been commenting...it's really nice to get feedback and to know people are reading. You guys rock!

That said, I thought I'd try to classy this blog up after Monday's toilet paper post with art that's a little more "traditional." Here are some figure drawings I've done recently; these took anywhere from 5 to 45 minutes and were drawn from life. I feel as though figure drawing is one area I need to improve upon...that said, getting up the motivation to work on it is like pulling teeth.

This model kept falling asleep...not so good when all I was drawing was her face, haha!

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

This poor woman never got a proper face:

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Changing gears, my chum Alex, who runs DIY tape label Foxpop, asked me to do line art for a tape cover for musician Little Fyodor. I was asked to draw him riding on a bomb...this was super fun to draw. Looks like a lot of Tank Girl influence snuck in there.

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Look out for more street art adventures and prints this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment