Monday, October 26, 2009

Prince of Dogs Print, Monogrammed and Watermarked Paper, and a Book!

Well, I spent all of yesterday making this print, so being able to laze around in bed and write about it now feels pretty good. The prince of dogs doesn't really reference anything, but I guess it's part of a story in my mind. To me, it's about finding something awesome out about somebody that you never would have thought would be there. Fun fact: this is the first time I've used my own unaltered handwriting in a print. I wrote the words in the banner as a placeholder, but I ended up liking how they looked in my handwriting, so I went ahead and inked it in.

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Changing gears, here are some watermarked pieces of paper I made by attaching a fun foam watermark (hi tech, I know) onto the mold before the paper sheets were formed. Perhaps it says something about my ego that all of them have my initials on them. Looks like I need to start writing some letters!

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Here's the same guy on lighter abaca paper:

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

What kind of animal is this? I honestly don't know. A friend suggested "foxboar."

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Here is some paste paper that I made and hand-stamped (which explains the wonkiness of the little skulls, I suppose.)

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Here is a book I made recently. If anyone has any suggestion for what to fill it with, I'd love to hear! I have a couple ideas, but I'm a bit at a loss, as I feel like this is one of the girlier looking things I've made. I made all of the paper in this book except the cover paper. The first and last pages are cotton rag paper (shown in a previous post if you're interested) and all the middle pages are abaca.

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Aaaand a Monday figure drawing bonus:

Image hosting by IMGBoot.com

Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment